Sunday, October 19, 2008

'Let the Circle be Unbroken'

Today is the 18th birthday of my eldest child. Happy birthday, sweetheart. May the spirit of our ancestors guide you to your destiny.
************************

If you didn't get the pleasure of seeing and hearing Colin Powell speak on 'Meet the Press' today, you missed what I believe to be one of the best moments in this entire presidential campaign. The following is an excerpt of a portion of Colin Powell's words leading up to his endorsement of Barack Obama:

"Senator Obama has demonstrated the kind of calm, patient, intellectual, steady approach to problem-solving that I think we need in this country," Powell declared.

"I think he is a transformational figure, he is a new generation coming onto the world stage, onto the American stage, and for that reason I'll be voting for Sen. Barack Obama," Powell said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Powell said Obama "displayed a steadiness, an intellectual curiosity, a depth of knowledge and an approach to looking at problems ... . I think that he has a, a definitive way of doing business that would serve us well."
So very eloquently put, I felt a sense of pride as I sat literally leaning on the edge of my seat, not wanting to miss one single word. It gives me hope that maybe all isn't lost and maybe at some point we can make a difference...I could not have expressed how I feel any better...Change that we need indeed.

Ase!
(So shall it be!)

No comments: