Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pre-election Jitters

...so yesterday afternoon I cast my vote. As you can tell, I have been quite excited about the election because of Barack Obama. Every day I joke with a coworker about this election and I tell him I don't think Barak will be allowed to win. Every day I tell myself that he is not going to win. I guess I am trying to prepare myself for that very real possibility. There are so many dirty tricks the media and the other side has still yet to pull that I have no faith in our electoral system. My dear husband believes all elections are 'fixed' and already decided upon long before we vote. I am inclined to believe him. After all, he did predict the sub-prime and stock crash long ago.

Each time I have voted in the past, I have hoped that my one little vote could help juxtapose my chosen candidate to the top. This time, having already witnessed an election stolen, having seen the true powers of those who really decide the presidency-our electoral college-having seen and heard people give outrageous reasons for supporting McCain, I have almost lost hope. They tried the 'black radical' story, they tried the 'Muslim' story, they tried the 'not prepared' story, they tried the 'elitist' story, they tried the 'not a citizen' story, they tried the 'terrorist' story, they even tried the '6'4" black attacker' story, and now it's the 'illegal immigrant aunt' story. What will be next? There are 3 days left and that seems like a lifetime. In three days a lot can happen.

I cannot fathom a real reason to support McCain other than his race. Usually there are two white guys battling it out and I try to choose the lesser of two evils. I truly don't believe there is any kind of 'evil' with Obama. I truly believe that he wants to make a difference. So many people believe and hope this to be true. But I'm afraid there are many more who just want him gone because of who he is. I sit now waiting in anticipation for Tuesday night to come so it will be all over. The waiting is killing my spirit. I should be happy and excited about the fact that a partially black man that is highly intelligent (not forgetting very HOT!!) and more than qualified to be president has a real chance. Nope...all I am doing is worrying...not only worrying that he will not win, but worrying that he will win. Worrying that someone will take it upon themselves to cause him harm. I don't want to witness a possibly great leader's life ending before his children grow up.

Minister Farrakhan, where is your bulletproof wall from the Million Man March? Barak could really use it right now!!

GET OUT THERE AND VOTE PEOPLE!! IF MY MAN DOESN'T WIN I'M GONNA BE FORCED TO BREAK WINDOWS AT BEST BUY AND CHOOSE MY FAVORITE FLAT SCREEN FOR FREE!! ...Just kidding...!!! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to pick me up on your way to Best Buy. Need a flat screen myself. But don't worry, I think we can walk in during business hours and purchase one under Obama's new economic plan.